top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Speech Language Pathologist? 

A Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) is a professional who specialized in speech, language, cognition and swallowing with a variety of ages and populations.

What is a feeding impairment?

Feeding impairments are often found in infants and children who refuse to eat certain foods based on their appearance, texture, food group or specific solids and liquids for at least a month. Feeding impairment typically involve developmental delays and difficulty gaining adequate weight for their age.

What is a swallowing impairment?

Dysphagia is the medical term for swallowing impairment. It is used to describe when a person is having difficulty with closing mouth, chewing or swallowing foods and liquids.

Are you providing in-person treatment at this time during Covid-19 pandemic? 

We provide both in-person and virtual therapy options.

Will my insurance pay for speech therapy services? 

Most insurances will pay for an evaluation and a set number of treatment sessions a year. Please note that some insurance companies do not cover feeding evaluations and treatment.

bottom of page