Simple and Healthy Snack/Lunch Ideas
As a busy mom, I know hard it is to find QUICK and (somewhat) HEALTHY lunch or snack ideas. Something we want to keep in mind when considering what to feed out little ones is that the needs to have a balanced diet of carbohydrates, fats and protein. SOOOOO many kids snacks (pretzels, goldfish, fruit snacks) are mainly carbs. Carbs get broken down quickly so we need fats and protein to help keep those little tummies full until the next meal/snack.
Here are some simple ideas for snack/lunch ideas. 1. Hummus with chips and peas or carrots
2. Tortilla rolled up with cheese and turkey
3. Full-fat greek yogurt with honey and granola
4. Egg sandwich with cheese
5. Grilled cheese sandwich with turkey and tomato soup
6. Homemade "pizza" using tortilla, tomato sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice
7. Full-fat greek yogurt with berries
8. Black bean and chicken quesadilla
9. Chicken nuggets and baked sweet potato fries
10. Protein smooth- protein powder that is kid friend, milk and ice will make up the base of the smoothie and then add anything else you want! Some ideas: spinach, berries, banana, chia seeds, hemp seeds, mango, kale, peanut butter, and yogurt.